Using the Information and Contents of this Website
- You are expressly prohibited from framing or linking or otherwise using or displaying the Website in such a manner that it appears to be part of your own or someone else's website. To the maximum extent that such prohibitions are permitted by law, you shall not deep link to any page on the Website or otherwise link to the Website in a manner that bypasses the Website homepage. You shall not use any robot, spider or other device to monitor the Website in any manner. You may post comments and other content, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam." You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of content. The Center for Nutrition Advocacy reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content.
- If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant the Center for Nutrition Advocacy a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. You grant the Center for Nutrition Advocacy and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify the Center for Nutrition Advocacy for all claims resulting from content you supply. The Center for Nutrition Advocacy respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please sent a written notice with details to:
Center for Nutrition Advocacy
P.O. Box 207
Western Springs IL 60558
Or via the NutritionAdvocacy.org contact form
- The Center for Nutrition Advocacy is a trademark of NutritionCircle, Inc. NFP and may not be used in any manner (including in keywords, "meta-tags," "hidden text" or domain names) without the Center of Nutrition Advocacy's prior written approval.
License to Submitted Suggestions and Ideas
- If you submit ideas or material to the Website, you grant us a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, sublicensable license and right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such material or idea in any manner.
Disclaimer regarding Professional Advice
- Neither the Center for Nutrition Advocacy nor its Members provide medical or legal advice. This Website and discussion board are for informational and educational purposes only. Visiting this website, receipt of information on this Website, or the transmission of information from or to this Website, does not represent a physician-patient or attorney-client relationship.
- The legal information on this Website is intended only for informational and educational and does not constitute professional legal advice. The health-related information on this Website and discussion board does not represent the practice of medicine, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, or provide definitive disease management. At no point should you use any approach discussed here as a substitute for the advice and counsel of a physician or other qualified health provider. The Center for Nutrition Advocacy does not exercise control over the information posted by Members and disclaims any responsibility for its accuracy. Views of Members on the discussion board do not necessarily represent those of the Center for Nutrition Advocacy.
- The Center for Nutrition Advocacy exercises no authority over the content of linked sites, each of which maintains independent privacy and data collection policies and procedures. We assume no responsibility or liability for these independent sites and are not responsible for the independent policies or procedures of destination sites. Nor do we take responsibility for the privacy initiatives or the content of such Web sites. These destination links are provided only for your convenience, and as such, you access them at your own risk.
- You use the Website at your own risk, and the Website assumes no responsibility for damage to computer hardware or software from interaction with or downloads from the Website. the Center for Nutrition Advocacy does not exercise control over downloads posted by Members.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT AUTHORIZED BY LAW, THE CENTER FOR NUTRITION ADVOCACY WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR FOR LOSSES WHICH YOU MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE OR THE INTERNET GENERALLY, OR YOUR USE THEREOF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF THE DATA OR OTHER MATERIALS TRANSMITTED THROUGH OR RESIDING ON THE WEBSITE, REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OF CLAIM OR THE NATURE OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION, EVEN IF THE CENTER FOR NUTRITION ADVOCACY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE OR LOSS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT AUTHORIZED BY LAW, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AGAINST THE CENTER FOR NUTRITION ADVOCACY WILL BE TO DISCONTINUE USING THE WEBSITE.
Liability Limitation and Indemnification
- Visitor agrees to hold Website harmless for any damages and waives all rights to claims for such. Visitor agrees that in the event he or she causes damage that the Website is required to pay for, he or she will reimburse the Website for said damage.
- THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICTS OF LAWS PROVISIONS. The parties agree that in any action arising out of this Agreement or relating to the operation of the Website or content appearing therein, they irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of the Circuit Court of Cook County Illinois or the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, agree that either of the courts shall be the venue of choice for any such action. In any action to enforce this agreement, the prevailing party will be entitled to costs and attorneys fees. Without limiting the effect of any disclaimer contained herein, any cause of action you may have with respect to your use of the Website must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises.